RFS: setop/0.1-1 [ITP]

Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: wishlist

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "setop":

 * Package name    : setop
   Version         : 0.1-1
   Upstream Author : Frank Stähr
 * URL             : <http://github.com/phisigma/setop>
 * License         : GPL-2+
   Section         : utils

It builds those binary packages:
setop - apply set operations like intersection to text inputs

To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:
http://mentors.debian.net/package/setop

dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/setop/setop_0.1-1.dsc

I have planned setop years ago and programed it after getting a slightly positve feedback from this list, see <https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/56057231.7080008@gmx.net>.

More information about setop can be obtained by executing it via setop --help, but here is a rough overview:
===
setop A -d B C
yields in (A ∪ C) ∖ B
===
setop -i A B -c "el"
checks if el ∈ A ∩ B
===
setop - A B -n [[:space:]] -o "\t"
unions A, B, and the standard input, where every "whitespace" (i. e. \v \t \n \r \f or space) is interpreted as an element separator; output elements are separated by a horizontal tab (normally it’s a new line character)
===
setop C1 C2 […]
is similar to sort --unique C1 C2 […]
===

Several other options for input parsing and calculation output sets are possible.

For additional information about the motivation for this program see <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=813485>: setop unifies many features from other programs (like sort, uniq, comm, join, grep, awk, cat, combine, or wc) into one universal, flexible, and easy program.

I apologize for any confusion due to a doubling of this message: I have already sent a very similar mail to <submit@bugs.debian.org>, but for some reason it wasn’t displayed in the debian mentors mailing archive.

Regards,
Frank