Re: public-domain in the debian/copyright

+++ Gustavo S. L. [2016-02-04 11:37 -0200]:
> hello mentors
>
> lintian say that about one party for my archive by copyright "The files
> paragraph in the machine readable copyright file references a license, for
> which no standalone license paragraph exists"

Right. I hit this recently for ros-rviz, which has tongoproject icons
(public domain). It insisted on a licence paragraph even where there
wasn't one.

> but in the manual of the copyright that if license is public-domain "the
> remaining lines of the field must explain exactly what exemption the
> corresponding files for that paragraph have from default copyright
> restrictions"
>
> but I did not find example

I just copied the text of the public domain statement from the website in this case:
https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/r/ros-rviz/copyright-1.11.10%2Bdfsg-1

(which then cause another (wrong) lintian warning about the GPL as
that is mentioned in the text)

That text came from the bottom of http://tango.freedesktop.org/
Can you find a similar statement for your project?

HTH

Wookey
http://wookware.org/