Packaging an apparently unreleased Git repository

Hi,

I'd like to package rust-mode
(cf. https://github.com/rust-lang/rust-mode).  There is a version
number in the source code (i.e., 0.2.0), but I haven't been able to
find any releases or tags.  I'd like to know if there are any best
practices for handling the .orig.tar and the version number.

I've tentatively created a tar archive of the latest Git revision
(minus the .git directory) and named it
elpa-rust-mode_0.2.0.orig.tar.gz.  I have also set the package version
to 0.2.0-1.  Does anyone have a better suggestion?

--
Matt