Re: Failed to stop defining RPATH in libncl

Hi Gianfranco,

thanks for your attempt to help.

On Mon, Jan 04, 2016 at 01:03:51PM +0000, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> I think there is no way for a binary to pick something not in usr/lib or usr/lib/{triplet}
>
> unless you want to add a new ld.so.conf.d file
> cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*
>
> (e.g. done by mesa libraries).

I admit the chrpath hint by Alec Leamas was sufficient to solve the rpath
issue.

> Anyhow, I fixed the packaging, and attached a patch to this email.
>
> you should be able to directly git am it.
>
> Please use some fresh packaging for your tools, the current packaging is somewhat bad.

Well, I removed some cruft but I'd like to keep the d-shlibs thingy for
the moment since the packaging uncovers some potential bug in d-shlibs
which I'd like to track down.  (Believe it or not - I'm a fan of this
tool. ;-))

> If you want to fix the RPATH issue I guess you are forced to install the shared libraries
> into usr/lib or usr/lib/{triplet}, because otherwise with no RPATH, and no ld standard path
> the linker won't be able to find them.

Hmmm, the libraries are installed in usr/lib/{triplet} so I'm not sure
what you are talking exactly.  If git.d.o would be online I'd commit
the current status with cleaned up packaging and removed RPATH.

Thanks to all who tried to help

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de