Re: Questions before my first upload attempt

Hi,

after some fight with the keyring i am able to produce
signed packages on sid.

Will this warning be a problem ?

  $ gpg --verify ../libisoburn_1.4.0-1.1_source.changes
  gpg: Signature made Fri 21 Aug 2015 10:44:01 PM CEST using DSA key ID ABC0A854
  gpg: Good signature from "Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net>"
  gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
  Primary key fingerprint: 44BC 9FD0 D688 EB00 7C4D  D029 E9CB DFC0 ABC0 A854

I need a translator from debian-speak to english (or german).

My first runs of debuild showed lintian warnings, which i could
silence, except this class from debuild -b:

  W: libburn4: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/libburn.so.4.93.0
  W: cdrskin: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/cdrskin
  W: libisofs6: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/libisofs.so.6.76.0
  W: libisoburn1: hardening-no-relro usr/lib/libisoburn.so.1.97.0
  W: xorriso: hardening-no-relro usr/bin/xorriso

"This package was likely not built with the default
 Debian compiler flags defined by dpkg-buildflags."

What does it want me to do ?
Where ? In debian/rules ? In upstream ? Examples available ?

Riddle:

During my work something caused unconditional regeneration
of unpacked
  libisoburn-1.4.0/xorriso/xorrecord.info
The versions of makeinfo differ between release machine
and sid, which causes different .info result.
In subsequent runs of debuild this causes a complaint
about uncommitted changes.

The makeinfo run is indeed in my upstream autotools empire.
But it should only trigger if .info is missing or outdated.
In a build run out of the upstream tarball, the makeinfo
run is not triggered. On the same sid.

Only one of three .info gets regenerated in this way:
  -rw-r--r-- 1 thomas thomas  41768 Aug 21 22:25 xorriso/xorrecord.info
  -rw-r--r-- 1 thomas thomas 291521 Aug 21 14:56 xorriso/xorriso.info
  -rw-r--r-- 1 thomas thomas 108424 Aug 21 14:56 xorriso/xorrisofs.info

I restored xorriso/xorrecord.info from .orig.tar.gz,
but with the next debuild -b it happened again,
despite .info having a new timestamp.
So i stored a copy of the original on disk in order
to restore the victim after each pbuild run.

To my surprise, after i copied this disk file to
xorriso/xorrecord.info for the first time, it does not
get regenerated any more.

What is the magic difference between tar xzf and cp ?
Why does it not happen with ./configure && make
from upstream tarball ?

The time on VM is about one minute behind the host.
Although this is strange, it cannot explain the riddle.

dput configuration must wait until tomorrow.
Just a quick backup of my sid workshop and then to bed.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas