Re: Looking for a mentor for the OpenSIPS project

Hi,
>It is not removed - it is still in the sources, but not in the
>.orig.tar.gz archive, since I read the upstream tarball should not have
>packaging specs inside it.
>Should I remove the copyright exception?

For Debian "sources" means the orig tarball, that should be the same as
the upstream shipped one (otherwise it might be a repack or a dfsg
tarball).

So if upstream removes them when releasing, for Debian the file doesn't exist
at all.

you might have everything you want in your git/svn tree, even built files
or cmake or whatever.
You need to document in copyright everything that is in the tarball you have
with the software you upload in Debian.

cheers,

G.