Re: Looking for a mentor for the OpenSIPS project

Hi

>My name is Razvan Crainea[1] and I am one of the Core developers of the
>OpenSIPS project, a Voice-over-IP SIP server. We would like our project
>to be added to the official Debian repository and we need a mentor to
>help us achieve this.
>We already have some DEB packages for OpenSIPS that are public here[2].
>Is there anybody willing to mentor our project and help us push the
>OpenSIPS DEBs in the official repository?

In order to speed up things and reviews you can upload your packages on

mentors.debian.net, and read the documentation here :)

anyway,

I did a dget -u http://apt.opensips.org/debian/bleeding/jessie/pool/main/o/opensips/opensips_2.1.1~1.gbpa02d31.dsc

and some package cleanup is neededd:

1) please open an ITP bug
https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

2) update the changelog to say
Initial Release (Closes: #ITPBUGN)

3) debian/compat level should be 9
4) debian/copyright should be in a machine-readable form
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

5) debian/opensips.examples has a blank newline (nitpick)

6) debian/patches looks old, please remove

7) please add a watch file

8) debian/control
  - please bump std-version to 3.9.6
  - please remove the conflicts
    (<< ${binary:Version})

   you need to put the exact version where a package split or whatever has been made
in order to be able to remove it when the version will be already in old-old-stable

  - please run wrap-and-sort

9) debian/rules please remove the autogenerated stuff at the begin
  - nice to have: please convert in the new dh format

cheers,

Gianfranco