Re: next step in contributing to Debian

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for clearing this up; I wasn't sure how to proceed, since dch can only take one option. And that you for the link! [1] I had been focusing my reading on debian.org, and somehow missed/forgot about it.

Concerning xserver-xorg-video-savage, I haven't heard back from the user who said he would test the backport, but I finally tracked down the "Ubuntu patch" he kept talking about. Ubuntu's apparently been disabling AGP and forcing PCI-only for the Savage driver, to prevent crashes when resuming from hibernate, but I'm not sure if that's still needed, or if it would be better to workaround it by adding Option "BusType" "PCI" somewhere like /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-savage.conf.

Yeah, that's beyond the scope of a backport, but the backport was just try-this-first attempt at helping him fix what sounds like bug #768958 and I thought that commit 2e9217bb88b76cebfcd2b65b76c8733f80da77ea, included in version 2.3.8 of the package might 1024x768 working for him in a nicer way than using fbdev.

Unfortunately I don't have the hardware to test any of this.

Cheers,
Nicholas