Re: Help with Java package needed

On 04/27/2015 at 10:36 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hi Markus,
>
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 02:13:15PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
>>
>> In the end you have to replace all embedded jar files.
>
> Yes, I understood this (if the package should go into main).
>
> BTW, formerly the file
>
>    http://ftp-master.debian.org/users/twerner/jar-content.txt.gz
>
> was very helpful to seek for existing JARs in Debian but this is not
> updated since 23-Oct-2014 03:51.  Is there any reason for this?  Any
> hints how to replace the other remaining JARs?

I'm not remotely a Debian-packaging expert, and am only peripherally
familiar with Java, so this may be on entirely the wrong track.

That said, if all you want is a list of JAR files in Debian packages,
that can be obtained from

apt-file -x search '\.jar$'

on a system with an up-to-date apt-file index.

Based on that:

>  goose.jar: I think I need to do my own research about this which
>             seems related to
>              https://github.com/dtenenbaum/Cereopsis
>             but not the same
>
>  jsc.jar: If my investigations are correct this is obtained from here
>             http://www.jsc.nildram.co.uk/downloads/download.html
>           and has a "Free for non-commercial use." anyway.  So my
>           attempt to get mauve into main might be irrealistic anyway.
>           I'll ask upstream whether this "still under construction"
>           library from 2005 is really needed or whether some
>           replacement might be possible.
>
>           Any hint for alternatives to "Java Statistical Classes"
>           is more than welcome.

These two don't appear to be in Debian, or at least not in current
testing.

>  unix-0.5.jar: This seems to come from
>             https://github.com/cathive/dbus-java
>           but I'm not sure.  Could anybody please confirm that this
>           needs to be packaged or whether I'm missing something

It may or may not be the same thing, but a file with this name is
available in the libunixsocket-java package.

--
   The Wanderer