Re: Help with Java package needed

Hi Markus,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 02:13:15PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:

> In the end you have to replace all embedded jar files.

Yes, I understood this (if the package should go into main).

BTW, formerly the file

   http://ftp-master.debian.org/users/twerner/jar-content.txt.gz

was very helpful to seek for existing JARs in Debian but this is not
updated since 23-Oct-2014 03:51.  Is there any reason for this?  Any
hints how to replace the other remaining JARs?

 goose.jar: I think I need to do my own research about this which
            seems related to
             https://github.com/dtenenbaum/Cereopsis
            but not the same

 jsc.jar: If my investigations are correct this is obtained from here
            http://www.jsc.nildram.co.uk/downloads/download.html
          and has a "Free for non-commercial use." anyway.  So my
          attempt to get mauve into main might be irrealistic anyway.
          I'll ask upstream whether this "still under construction"
          library from 2005 is really needed or whether some
          replacement might be possible.

          Any hint for alternatives to "Java Statistical Classes"
          is more than welcome.

 unix-0.5.jar: This seems to come from
            https://github.com/cathive/dbus-java
          but I'm not sure.  Could anybody please confirm that this
          needs to be packaged or whether I'm missing something

Any hints how to replace these three remaining JARs are welcome (while I
think goose.jar is a Debian Med task since it is related to
systemsbiology).

> At the moment Ant
> constructs the classpath based on the information in your build.xml
> file. Mauve will successfully find zeus-jscl.jar if you append
> /usr/share/java/zeus-jscl.jar to the classpath line in mauve's MANIFEST
> file by hand. I remember that I did that too and I could start the
> application.

I can confirm that I can now start the application.

> Javahelper provides two helpers jh_classpath and jh_manifest. The first
> one is probably easier to use if you only want to modify the classpath.
> You can find more information in /usr/share/doc/javahelper/tutorial.txt.gz
>
> Both helpers are useful because by using them you can avoid patching
> upstream's MANIFEST file.
>
> I suggest that you take a look at my package mediathekview which is very
> similar to yours because both use javahelper and Ant.
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/mediathekview.git
>
> I use jh_manifest (the mediathekview.manifest file) and a wrapper script
> to start the application. You can either use jarwrapper or java-wrapper
> for this purpose. In this case I use the latter.

I've got some clues from this example.  Thanks for the hint.  (BTW, I
need to test mediathekview itself - I was not aware ot this package.
:-))

> You just jave to change the path to /usr/share/java/Mauve.jar, then put
> all libraries on the Class-Path line and provide the Main-Class. (The
> information can be found in upstream's MANIFEST file.

I noticed that for Mauve it seems not to be necessary to provide the
Main-Class.  It works without this information.

> That's it.

Thanks a lot.  Now I "only" need to hunt down the last three JARs.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de