Re: wmii-doc

Hello João,

João Vanzuita wrote on 2015-04-11 12:52:

> I want to help maintain a package and started reading about it.

This is a good idea.

> Found wmii-doc marked as orphaned and it looks ok to start, but, wmii is
> not active since 2012, what do you guys think about it ?

I think you should search for a package, which you usually need/use on your
system. If you need this package, then maintaining is o.k. If you need an
active upstream of this package, think about overtake of the upstream work
(but this outside of Debian). My example: Lilo. I am upstream developer
and Debian Maintainer for Lilo.

But I think at first it is not the question, which package you should
maintain, but which package you want to use for learning maintaining.
E.g. I have played with some packages local by myself for some years
before I begun official maintaining. Try at first e.g. duply and then
e.g. chrony.

---
Have a nice day.

Joachim (Germany)