Re: Useless call to ldconfig and shared libraries issue

El Dimarts, 3 de febrer de 2015, a les 12:24:36, Corentin Desfarges va
escriure:
> Le 03/02/2015 10:53, Paul Wise a écrit :
> > On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Corentin Desfarges wrote:
> >> corentin@debian:~$ ldd /usr/bin/fwLauncher
> >>
> >>      libfwCore.so.0 => not found
> >>      libfwRuntime.so.0 => not found

> >> corentin@debian:~$  objdump -x /usr/bin/fwLauncher | grep -i rpath
> >> corentin@debian:~$
> >
> > Looks like your binary does not have an rpath, please check the build
> > log/system to find out why.
>
> I'm not sure to know what log you asked me to check. I get this build
> log with "sudo pdebuild -us -uc -nc" :
>
> (the log is too big for the mail list, so I posted the log file here :
>
>     http://www.corentindesfarges.fr/buildlog.txt

Hi,

I have seen a similar issue trying to package another piece of software. The
question is, IMHO that:

- you cannot install a library outside /usr/lib or /usr/lib/$ARCH

in debian.

Technically you can do it. Put it, add your directory in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/
rerun ldconfig and it should run.

However, you should have a very good reason, and ask to ftp-masters to let you
do that [1]. Others distros have something similar, but maybe not so strict
[2,3]

Also, I don't think that the rpath could be a good solution [4]. So, my
opinion is:

- or ask to upstream to change that
- or patch the code to install in another place.

Best regards,

Leopold

[1] https://lintian.debian.org/tags/package-modifies-ld.so-search-path.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines
[3] https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_checks
[4] https://wiki.debian.org/RpathIssue

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia