[OT] Re: user want messages removed from mailing list

Le Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 02:18:04PM +0100, Jakub Wilk a écrit :

> Reporting non-spam messages as spam is counter-productive. It won't help the
> message disappear. But it will help actual spam messages to survive in our
> archives.

Hi Jakub,

there are definitely precedents were messages containing private information
that the poster did not want to send or regrets to have sent have been removed
with the spam-removal interface.

And I fail to see how it helps actual spam messages to stay, unless you are
suggesting that by using the spam removal system for these purpose we will
undermine it by demotivating or drain time from the people who use it for spam
removal only, or that we will cause it to be more strongly moderated.

I understand that listmasters do not have time to handle removal requests, but
I think that we are being arrogant when we refuse for technical reasons.
Especially with the trap situation that people tend to send removal requests to
the debian-www address without knowing that it is also a publically archived
mailing list.  Some times I have the impression that our only answer is just
shaming the requester.

Anyway; there is not much to discuss.  When I reads these requests, I tend to
mark the message as spam.  And sometimes it works.

Cheers,

--
Charles