Re: restart a git repository

Hi,

> >Yes, in this case will be confusing. But let me
> >share a point of view.
> >
> >The upstream tarball is cdk too. The package
> >was libcdk at the beginning and then libcdk5. The 5
> >is about the ABI I believe. When the ABI change, it
> >will be changed too.
> >
> >Suggestions ?
> My suggestion is to call it libcdk (the source name)
> and build a libcdk5 library

> it was removed the libcdk but just because of a SONAME bump.
>
> In my opinion the src name shouldn't change, just the library
> should.
>
> BTW even libcdk5 might be fine, as long as they don't change soname too
> often.
>
> but unfortunately cdk is misleading to me.
>
> what do you think about this?
>
> (please note: I don't have a strong opinion about this, but since we can't have
> cdk as source name, we should change it anyway)

I started think about this because of this bug[0]. To
close it I would build the libcdk5(-dev) and libcdkw5(-dev)
packages and more a package with common files. Even that
way libcdk5 and libcdkw5 must conflict because /usr/include/cdk
have common files (just one is different, cdk_config.h if
I remember correct).

[0] - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=382294

As the upstream tarball is cdk I thought cdk-common. As
is not possible, the package with common files would be
libcdk-common ?

regards,
--
Herbert Parentes Fortes Neto (hpfn)