Re: restart a git repository

Hi Herbert,

>Yes, in this case will be confusing. But let me
>share a point of view.
>
>The upstream tarball is cdk too. The package
>was libcdk at the beginning and then libcdk5. The 5
>is about the ABI I believe. When the ABI change, it
>will be changed too.
>
>Suggestions ?
My suggestion is to call it libcdk (the source name)
and build a libcdk5 library

it was removed the libcdk but just because of a SONAME bump.

In my opinion the src name shouldn't change, just the library
should.

BTW even libcdk5 might be fine, as long as they don't change soname too
often.

but unfortunately cdk is misleading to me.

what do you think about this?

(please note: I don't have a strong opinion about this, but since we can't have
cdk as source name, we should change it anyway)

cheers,

G.