Re: Newbie: "Review request" on an updated LIRC package

El Divendres, 30 d'octubre de 2015, a les 09:34:09, Alec Leamas va escriure:
> Dear list,
>
> This is my first contact with the Debian community. I might be doing all
> sorts of errors, including sending a questionable message to the wrong
> list. Just tell me, I'll listen.
>
> I'm the upstream LIRC [2] maintainer. We are currently in the 0.9.4
> cycle which tentatively will be released around Christmas. The debian
> official packaging is stuck on 0.9.0, and we have thus decided to
> provide a debian packaging upstream [1] so Debian users should have a
> more modern version available,
>
> I'm not seeking any argument as to why the Debian packages are still
> 0.9.0. It's the debian packager's decision. Full stop.
>
> However, I'm all new to Debian packaging (although I have some RPM
> experience). Because of that, I would really appreciate if someone on
> this list could take a look at the current packaging and make an
> informal review. I don't really know how to contribute in return, but if
> someone by accident here needs help with an RPM package I'm here.
>
> The package is not based on the current LIRC packages. The upstream is
> so much changed that I thought it was better to make fresh start.
> lintian is almost silent.

Hi Alex,

why not try to contact directly with the lirc maintainers?

https://packages.qa.debian.org/l/lirc.html

Also, lirc package has several bugs

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=lirc

Cheers,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia