Newbie: "Review request" on an updated LIRC package

Dear list,

This is my first contact with the Debian community. I might be doing all
sorts of errors, including sending a questionable message to the wrong
list. Just tell me, I'll listen.

I'm the upstream LIRC [2] maintainer. We are currently in the 0.9.4
cycle which tentatively will be released around Christmas. The debian
official packaging is stuck on 0.9.0, and we have thus decided to
provide a debian packaging upstream [1] so Debian users should have a
more modern version available,

I'm not seeking any argument as to why the Debian packages are still
0.9.0. It's the debian packager's decision. Full stop.

However, I'm all new to Debian packaging (although I have some RPM
experience). Because of that, I would really appreciate if someone on
this list could take a look at the current packaging and make an
informal review. I don't really know how to contribute in return, but if
someone by accident here needs help with an RPM package I'm here.

The package is not based on the current LIRC packages. The upstream is
so much changed that I thought it was better to make fresh start.
lintian is almost silent.

Cheers!

--alec

[1] https://leamas.fedorapeople.org/lirc/debian-pkg/