Re: watch file mangling help

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 11:55 AM, Ross Gammon <ross@the-gammons.net> wrote:
Upstream have changed one of my package's versioning on the tarball
(http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/abcmidi.git).

The last uploaded version was 20150908 and now there is an upstream tarball with the version "2015.10.08".

The watch file was simple:
version=3
opts=uversionmangle=s/-//g \
http://ifdo.pugmarks.com/~seymour/runabc/top.html abcMIDI-(.*)\.zip

But now a uscan --repack tells me that:
Newest version on remote site is 2015.10.08, local version is 20150908
=> remote site does not even have current version

I am not sure what I should be mangling here, uversionmangle, or dversionmangle, or both.

The upstream versioned was 2013-09-15, and you had uversionmangle rule to get rid of hyphens.

All you need to do is to update the uversionmangle rule so that it gets rid of dots instead.

* Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles@elpauer.org>, 2015-10-17, 12:19:
Why are you keeping the old versioning scheme if upstream has changed to a different scheme?

The scheme Debian currently uses is good enough.
And to change it, you'd have to add epoch. Nobody likes epochs.

--
Jakub Wilk