Re: unstripped-static-library

Hi Alex,

> First, according to the policy manual, we should support "nostrip" in
> "DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS", so we should probably wrap the rule with:
>     ifeq (,$(filter nostrip,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)))
>     some override_dh_strip stuff...
>     endif

Just put a blank 'override_dh_strip', doing nothing right ?

> <https://reproducible.debian.net/rb-pkg/unstable/amd64/gthumb.html>
> reports gthumb is unreproducible because "Files have varying
> permissions because of different umasks" . It would be great to look
> into it if you have extra times.

I looked this again. I did a 'grep -r umask' into gthumb-XX.orig
and I only see the use of it (the changes) by the upstream for
tmp stuff . In ltmain.sh and install-sh. "not to create temps
with too-generous modes.". The upstream also says something
about FreeBSD.

I see 133, 22, 077 values.

I don't know what to do about that.

regards,