Re: unstripped-static-library

Hi Herbert,

You have mentioned some great points that I haven't looked into yet.

First, according to the policy manual, we should support "nostrip" in
"DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS", so we should probably wrap the rule with:
    ifeq (,$(filter nostrip,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)))
    some override_dh_strip stuff...
    endif

About the debugging packages, are you going to provide them? I don't
know how to direct the result to a -dbg package or something similar.
Actually, I haven't used one of those before. I think you would have
to ask someone else.

The packages look good. I have checked your QA page, you maintains
quite a lot of packages!
<https://reproducible.debian.net/rb-pkg/unstable/amd64/gthumb.html>
reports gthumb is unreproducible because "Files have varying
permissions because of different umasks" . It would be great to look
into it if you have extra times.

Cheers,
Alex