Re: systemd service unit causing lintian init issues

Hi Tino,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 3:41 AM, Tino Mettler <tino.keitel@tikei.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 16:36:42 -0500, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'm packaging up a firewall script that ships with a systemd service
>> unit file. lintian is complaining about an init script:
>>
>> % lintian fw-skel_0.06-1_all.deb
>> W: fw-skel: init.d-script-not-marked-as-conffile etc/init.d/fw-skel
>> E: fw-skel: init.d-script-not-included-in-package etc/init.d/fw-skel
>
> Hi,
>
> I had a similar issue in the past. How does your debian/rules file look
> like? I'll try to remember what I did wrong.

I had a minimalistic rules file:

#!/usr/bin/make -f

%:
    dh $@

After sending out the initial email to d-mentors, I changed it to:

#!/usr/bin/make -f

%:
    dh $@ --with systemd

override_dh_installinit:
    dh_installinit --noscripts

With a Build-Depends on dh-systemd. Those tweaks seemed to fix it. I
also submitted a wishlist documentation bug:

Thanks!

-m