Re: Suggestion of new program: execute mathematical set operations on lists

Am 25.09.2015 um 22:20 schrieb Jakub Wilk:
* Frank Stähr <der-storch-85@gmx.net>, 2015-09-25, 18:11:
So my questions is: Is there a need for such a program or is there
already something very similar?

There's combine(1) in moreutils for boolean operations on sets.

Thanks for this hint, and Gianfranco, also thanks for your answer, especially the link. I should have stated more precisely that setop shall be a command line tool. Python sets and combine are interesting but not as much universal as I plan my program to be.

So finally there is nothing similar to setop.

(Is this the right place for asking?)

(I don't think so.)

Then sorry for spamming.

Still one open question: Do you find such a program useful? I’d like to program it, but want to be sure that there is a realistic chance of it to be included somewhere.

Note: I already asked two years ago but didn’t get satisfactory

Linking to the original thread would have been helpful:
https://lists.debian.org/1383147779.1944.30.camel@storch-desktop

No, it wouldn’t.