Re: Suggestion of new program: execute mathematical set operations on lists

* Frank Stähr <der-storch-85@gmx.net>, 2015-09-25, 18:11:
I am not yet looking for a sponsor, but going to program a tiny tool:

"setop" takes as inputs several lists/sets, calculates desired (mathematical) set operations on them and outputs the final set (or depending on operation resulting number of elements, answer yes/no, …).
[...]
So my questions is: Is there a need for such a program or is there already something very similar?

There's combine(1) in moreutils for boolean operations on sets.

(Is this the right place for asking?)

(I don't think so.)

Note: I already asked two years ago but didn’t get satisfactory responses.

Linking to the original thread would have been helpful:
https://lists.debian.org/1383147779.1944.30.camel@storch-desktop

--
Jakub Wilk