Re: [help] how to sensibly work around if upstream fails to deal with SONAMES

Hi Gudjon,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 01:09:30PM +0200, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
> Hi Andreas
>
> On Wednesday 29 July 2015 10:07:50 Andreas Tille wrote:
> > is there some "default" behaviour to deal with situations discussed
> > in this bug log:
> >
> >    https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=754583#12
> >
> > I think we should bump SONAME but is there any sensible way to not
> > conflict with further upstream changes?
> Please take a look at kde-workspace-dev
>
> It includes:
>
> /usr/lib/libkdecorations.so -> libkdecorations.so.4abi2
> /usr/lib/libkdecorations.so.4.14.2.abi2
> /usr/lib/libkdecorations.so.4abi2 -> libkdecorations.so.4.14.2.abi2
>
> objdump -p /usr/lib/libkdecorations.so |grep SONAME
>   SONAME               libkdecorations.so.4abi2

Thanks for the hint but I admit I'm not fully sure what exactly needs to
be done to get the changed SONAME in the case of dcmtk.  I guess I need
to tweak the cmake files somehow - but how?

The only thing I understand from your contribution is that the name
of the binary package should be

     libdcmtk3ab1

rather than

     libdcmtk4