Re: [help] how to sensibly work around if upstream fails to deal with SONAMES

Hi Andreas

On Wednesday 29 July 2015 10:07:50 Andreas Tille wrote:
> is there some "default" behaviour to deal with situations discussed
> in this bug log:
>
>    https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=754583#12
>
> I think we should bump SONAME but is there any sensible way to not
> conflict with further upstream changes?
Please take a look at kde-workspace-dev

It includes:

/usr/lib/libkdecorations.so -> libkdecorations.so.4abi2
/usr/lib/libkdecorations.so.4.14.2.abi2
/usr/lib/libkdecorations.so.4abi2 -> libkdecorations.so.4.14.2.abi2

objdump -p /usr/lib/libkdecorations.so |grep SONAME
  SONAME               libkdecorations.so.4abi2

I am no expert in this field but this may be the solution to my problem with
another library changing both ABI and API within minor version. And it seems
to cause no conflict with upstream.

Cheers
Gudjon