Re: packaging Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer - automatic debian build

Am Samstag, den 20.06.2015, 20:25 +0200 schrieb Joël Krähemann:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a fixed version. I'm doing `git clean -d -x -f` instead of `make
> distclean` because it doesn't remove some generated files.

Thats a bug. The d/rules clean target is supposed to cleanup all
generated/modified files. To get rid of the .pc directory from quilt,
read https://wiki.debian.org/Diaspora/Packaging/quilt

> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.github$ make distcheck
> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.github$ cp ags-0.4.2-69.tar.gz
> ../ags_0.4.2-69.orig.tar.gz
> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.github$ cd ../gsequencer.alioth
> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ gbp import-orig ../ags_0.4.2-69.orig.tar.gz

> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ git checkout pristine-tar
> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ pristine-tar commit
> ../ags_0.4.2-69.orig.tar.gz
> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ git checkout master

gbp-import-orig(1) takes --git-pristine-tar, so this is not needed.
You can also set this option to default via e.g debian/gbp.conf
Best practice would also to sign your tags, so either --sign-tags or
again via gbp.conf

> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ emacs -nw debian/changelog

you know dch(1) and gbp-dch(1)? Those tools helps to avoid mistakes
connected to d/changelogs.

> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ git add debian/changelog
> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ git commit -m "updated changelog"
> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ gbp buildpack
> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ lintian ../gsequencer_0.4.2-69-1_amd64.deb

personal style, but I prefer to use debhelper *and* pbuilder to check if
the package builds. You can also tweak those tools to automatically run
lintian after a build. For lintian, you should remember that some
sponsor are EvIL and pedantic, so use lintian -EvIL +pedantic ... [1]

> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ git clean -d -x -f

As said, this is a sign that you need to cleanup a little harder after
the build. a debuild clean or make -f debian/rules clean should clean up
in a way that you can directly build afterwards again.

> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ gbp buildpackage --git-pristine-tar
> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ gbp import-dsc ../ags_0.4.2-69-1.dsc
> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ git clean -d -x -f
> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ git push --all
> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ git push --tags

What do you want to archive with those commands?

> joel@debain:~/gsequencer.alioth$ dput mentors
> ../ags_0.4.2-69-1_amd64.changes

Before putting to mentors, you should also build in a pbuilder /
cowbuilder or like.

--
tobi