Re: Making Debian package with multiple opensource package

+++ dp [2015-06-07 19:35 -0700]:
> Hi Mentors,
>
> I am trying to create a .deb that has dependency on multiple
> opensource packages.
>
> These packages come from different sources . Few are available through
> apt-get, but few are on git clone or mirrored on personal websites.
> They have variety of compression mechanism such as .gzip, .bz2 etc.
> and individual make files.
>
> I wonder how do I pull the sources and/or binary to create .deb out of
> multiple opensources ? this .deb need to be installable on
> architecture types
> i386, amd64 etc.

It is not normally correct to pull multiple upstream tarballs into one
debian package. Usually each one should be packaged separately and the
dependencies marked. Only if they are so closely related that they
cannot be sensibly used separately, or by any other packages, does
combination make sense.

So it is _sometimes_ correct to do this (have more than one upstream
tarball in a package) (I had to once), and there are packaging tools
to help with the mechanics. Back in the day only dbs could do this,
but that's deprecated and now you can use the standard tools:
https://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/09/07/how-to-use-multiple-upstream-tarballs-in-debian-source-packages/

Wookey
http://wookware.org/