Re: why dpkg-buildpackage doesn't care my build targets in debian/rule

* lumin <cdluminate@gmail.com>, 2015-05-21, 14:30:
I'd like to take over the whole build process, so I wrote:

        32 override_dh_auto_build: build_cpuonly
        33
        34 build_cpuonly: config_cpuonly
        35     $(shell debian/my/00-fix-caffe-include-path-debian.sh)

As Santiago noticed, you should almost certainly not use $(shell ...) here.

        36     $(MAKE) -j4 all
        37     $(MAKE) -j4 test

Please don't hardcode number of jobs. You should honour DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=parallel=N (see Debian policy §4.9.1).

in file debian/rules.
Then I tested it with

       $ dh build

It works fine, but when I test the rules file with

       $ dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc

It's hard to tell what went wrong without seeing complete d/rules, or at least complete build log. I guess the bug lies in the part of debian/rules you snipped.

--
Jakub Wilk