Re: RFS: self-serve photo booth software

I see it's not recommended to include a debian/ directory in my
upstream source control [1].  What's the best practice for hosting Debian
packaging files?  Should I request a new repo on Alioth, fork my
upstream, and add the debian dir on a branch? [2, 3]

Also, is it standard procedure to upload locally built packages to mentors.d.n,
or is that not necessary if I already have hosting for the files? [4]

Thanks,
Adam

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq#What.27s_wrong_with_upstream_shipping_a_debian.2F_directory.3F
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/opencv.git/tree/