Re: Help with Java package needed

Hi Markus,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 12:59:03PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:

> I think that's because the manifest file of mauve still references the
> embedded upstream jar in the ext directory. Since you use javahelper,
> you can create a mauve.manifest or mauve.classpath file and override
> this behaviour by pointing to /usr/share/java/zeus-jscl.jar. That should
> do the trick. You can also use your preferred text editor and open
> /usr/share/java/Mauve.jar and modify the MANIFEST file by hand to test
> if it works.

Hmmm, I admit I forgot to activate the patch I did for other Debian
packaged JARs in upstream .classpath file.  I did so now in Git but this
does not change the situation.  The strange thing is that if I look into
the MANIFEST file as you advised only the ext/* JARs are mentioned there
but the Debian packaged are missing.  What is the difference between
using a patched .classpath from upstream and  a mauve.manifest or
mauve.classpath file.  What is the recommended way for creating Java
packages.  Can I leave upstream .classpath untouched if I provide
debian/mauve.classpath?

> Please note that my patch was incomplete. Although it makes the package
> compile, there are some pieces missing. If the console doesn't work it's
> because of that.

I'll most probably come back to ask for further hints once I've at least
git the zeus-jscl.jar found. :-)

Thanks for your hints in any case

        Andreas.

--