Re: pbuilder questions

Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@mapreri.org> writes:

hi Mattia,

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 07:31:18PM +0100, Felix Natter wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> I tried to follow this hint:
>>   https://wiki.debian.org/PbuilderTricks#How_to_include_local_packages_in_the_build
>> but I have some questions along the way (and will improve the
>> documentation with your replies).
>
> fine & good

I will soon update the wiki from what I've learned :-)

>> I am using this configuration (currently in /etc/pbuilderrc [1]):
>> [1] I couldn't get it to work by putting the config in
>> /home/felix/.pbuilderrc (possibly because I didn't run "pbuilder create"
>> after configuring).
>
> I somehow feel this is because you have to use `sudo -E` to preserve $HOME, or
> otherwise put the file in /root/.pbuilderrc (imho bad)

Yes, that helps ;-)

>> ------
>> #AUTO_DEBSIGN=${AUTO_DEBSIGN:-yes}
>> #HOOKDIR=/var/cache/pbuilder/hooks
>>
>> # Location of the dir where you keep pbuilder hook scripts.
>> HOOKDIR="/home/felix/.pbuilder-hooks"
>>
>> # Path to your local repo to be used as a mirror written as apt source line.
>> OTHERMIRROR="deb [trusted=yes] file:///home/felix/pbuilder/local_repo ./"
>>
>> # Path to your local repo. This tells pbuilder to mount this directory so
>> it is available in the chroot.
>> BINDMOUNTS="/home/felix/pbuilder/local_repo"
>>
>> # As we need to have the apt-ftparchive command, we need to insure this
>> package is installed.
>> EXTRAPACKAGES="apt-utils"
>> ------
>>
>> ------ /home/felix/.pbuilder-hooks/D05update-local-repo ------
>> #!/bin/bash
>>
>> # Path to the local repo.
>> LOCAL_REPO="/home/felix/pbuilder/local_repo"
>>
>> # Generate a Packages file.
>> (cd $LOCAL_REPO ; apt-ftparchive packages . > Packages)
>>
>> # Update to include any new packages in the local repo.
>> apt-get update
>> ------
>>
>> => my questions are:
>>
>> - It seems I need to run "pbuilder create" to honor the changes to
>>   /etc/pbuilderrc. Is that true? Does "pbuilder --update" suffice?
>
> recreate the chroot or use --override-config while --update
> see pbuilder(8)

sudo -E pbuilder --update --override-config --distribution sid
works fine, thanks.

(I tried --update --override-config previously, but it failed because I
didn't specify --distribution sid)

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter