Re: shlib symbolic link to optional lib in lib<foo>-dev ?

On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 11:03:33AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Could you mention how the debug variant differs from the normal variant?

The debug variant is compiled with -O1 (the normal/optimized variant
with -O2) and the debug variant has many checks (assertions).

I can solve the problem by creating libustr-debug-dev, where I move
static debug library, pkgconfig file and symlink and this will depend on
libustr-debug-1.0-1. I had tired mind in the late last night.
Libustr-1.0-1 is used by libsemanage1 only and I had some mental block
to create too many packages from its source :).
To split -dev package is probably the right way (upstream does this for
rpm too).

Thanks
--
Zito