Re: Useless call to ldconfig and shared libraries issue

Le 05/02/2015 14:50, Corentin Desfarges a écrit :
> Le 05/02/2015 11:40, Andreas Tille a écrit :
>> Hi,

>>> No, it's the lack of wget as build dependency. I'm trying to build
>>> again the
>>> package. I have made some modifications, but I would like to test it
>>> before
>>> say anything.
>> Unfortunately you are not allowed to download anything at package build
>> time.  Each Debian package should build in a non-network environment.
>>
>> So either the build time tests need to be skipped or the data (perhaps
>> xz compressed?) need to be provided either in package source or in a
>> separate data package that can be added as Build-Depends.
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>>           Andreas.
>>
> So tosummarize, I can disable tests with something like :
>    override_auto_test:
>        echo "unit tests disable, see README"
>
> in d/rules, and by adding in debian/* a script to download data and run
> unit tests ?

In essence, yes.

I tend to install such scripts, when needed, in
 /usr/share/doc/<package>/
or a sub-directory thereof, such as examples/.

I *think* such a test is also suitable for the autopkgtest framework:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/autopkgtest

Using this framework would ensure your test is ran automatically on
occasions, just not during the build.

Kind regards, Thibaut.