Re: Qemubuilder for arm64?

+++ Daniel Stender [2014-11-19 21:41 +0100]:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Qemubuilder run for arm64 package building, but fails
> so far. I've got a proper kernel and initrd, but breaks with:
> "Your architecture arm64 does not seem to be supported". Maybe that's
> exactly how it is, is it?

I am not familiar with qemubuilder. What does it do?

I can tell you that qemu works fine for arm64 and has for a while.

qemu-debootstrap will make you a qemu-ready chroot you can build in.

> Does anybody has got Qemubuilder run for arm64, or have any pointers
> to other cross-package-building solutions other than building in
> a Qemu box itself?

amd64->arm64 cross-toolchains for Jessie and unstable exist:
https://wiki.debian.org/CrossToolchains has details.

This stuff is still quite new and I'm moving things around at the
moment. Note that the unstable cross-toolchains are uninstallable for
a couple of days after each new gcc upload until new ones are rebuilt
to match. Updated packages should be uploaded tomorrow.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/