Re: Qemubuilder for arm64?

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 09:41:46PM +0100, Daniel Stender wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Qemubuilder run for arm64 package building, but fails
> so far. I've got a proper kernel and initrd, but breaks with:
> "Your architecture arm64 does not seem to be supported". Maybe that's
> exactly how it is, is it?
>
> Does anybody has got Qemubuilder run for arm64, or have any pointers
> to other cross-package-building solutions other than building in
> a Qemu box itself?

qemu-user-static is enough (more or less, I'm not an expert of qemu and
virtualization in general).
I use this to create an arm64 chroot (and then build and do stuff:

sudo -E eatmydata pbuilder --create --override-config \
 --architecture arm64 \
 --distribution sid --components main \
 --aptcache /home/mattia/pbuilder/cache/apt/sid/arm64 \
 --buildresult /home/mattia/pbuilder/result/sid/arm64/ \
 --debootstrapopts --keyring=/usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg \
 --mirror http://http.debian.net/debian \
 --basetgz /home/mattia/pbuilder/sid-arm64-base.tgz \
 --debootstrap qemu-debootstrap

Obviously I scripted it (with a script that handle much more...) and I use other
arguments, but still, this is the base.

I noted that this packages are needed:
qemu-system-arm libc6:arm64 libeatmydata1:arm64 libselinux1:arm64
you have to install libeatmydata on the chroot (e.g. by
EXTRAPACKAGES+="libeatmydata1" on .pbuilderrc) and load it (there are pleany of
guides to do so on the internet). I suggest you to use it, because without it
it's going to take forever (and it teake a huge amount of time anyway, due to
the qemu thingy).

--
regards,
						Mattia Rizzolo