Re: How to use multiple upstream tarballs in Debian source packages: quid GIT ?

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Jerome BENOIT <g6299304p@rezozer.net> wrote:
> Hello Forum,
>
> in order to add some missing sample material, I add a second source to the upstream source tarball,
> then I followed the multiple upstream tarballs in Debian source packages approach [1].
> This approach is currently used for spamassassin [2].
>
> What is the GIT part of this approach ?

AFAIK, there is none; there's an open bug filed against
git-buildpackage for multi tarball support (#561071) which has not
seen progress in a fairly long time, and I don't think any of the
other git helpers support multiple tarballs. If you want a workaround
that lets you work with unmodified tarballs, I suggest one of two

- keep only debian/* in git and ignore everything else (which
sidesteps the issue)
- consider wrapping upstream's tarballs in a single orig tarball (e.g.
freetype [1])

Regards,
Vincent

[1] http://sources.debian.net/src/freetype/2.5.2-2/ (or apt-get source freetype)