Re: Facilitating contributions by newcomers

Le mardi 11 novembre 2014 à 10:02:14, Christian Kastner a écrit :

> And I also fully agree that RFAs and Os are mostly uninteresting, but
> doing general QA work is a very important way of contributing to Debian,
> and I'm almost certain that many DDs would help more in this regard if
> it didn't entail doing a whole RFA but fixing thing step-by-step
> instead.

I think the role of maintainer is quite heavy and I understand they are
often discouraged by the magnitude of the task. That is why I contribute
for a while by only triaging bug. Nothing like a little cleaning and
maintenance to motivate the troops.

A tag "easyhack" (or whatever) for BTS would be welcome, like the LibreOffice
project Easy_Hacks made:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks

Essentially remains the problem of the upload, which limits at a given time.

--
Stéphane Aulery