Re: Facilitating contributions by newcomers

>> Tasks
>> =====
>>
>> I see a task having, at least, the following properties:
>>
>>   * A specific objective (bug fix, enhancement, debugging, cleanup,
>>     documentation, translation, ...). This should probably be tied to a
>>     Debian bug number.
>
> I would like for check-all-the-things to have support matching files
> based on MIME type and most of the existing tests to have associated
> MIME types.
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/check-all-the-things.git

I'm thinking that I could just create a new file data/mime and put the
following in it:

[mime]
command = file --mime-encoding {files}

It seems to work, but when it is run, most non-text files just read as
'binary', so I doubt that this would be very helpful. If file is run
without the --mime-encoding flag, it normally guesses correctly, but it
doesn't present it in a 'mime' format.