Re: How to forbid apt to use sources.list.d

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 3:23 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> it seems apt-get recently changed its behaviour which affects
> blends-dev.  Blends-dev defines a certain configured sources.list file
> which is set in $aptsources.  Apt is called with the following options:
> I wonder whether this is a bug^Wfeature in apt and how I can force
> apt to ignore this dir.

The apt.conf(5) manual page makes it fairly clear that setting the
APT_CONFIG environment variable is the only way to properly separate
apt/dpkg from the system dpkg/apt configuration and data. For examples
of how to do this, please see chdist from devscripts and the Debian
derivatives census code, some references:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/devscripts.git/tree/scripts/chdist.pl#n244
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/dex/census.git/tree/etc/apt.conf
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/dex/census.git/tree/Makefile

--