DFSG filtering question

hi,

I have a small java package (jmapviewer) where I might soon have to
remove a file (displaying tiles from bing maps) due to licensing issues.

I would do this by specifying Files-Excluded:
.../BingAerialTileSource.java in debian/copyright, but it's not that
easy since other Files ("Demo.java") reference it.

=> I see two ways to do this:

1. remove "BingAerialTileSource.java" using Files-Excluded: and modify
"Demo.java" using a quilt patch
=> orig.tar.gz contains code that won't compile, is that a problem?

2. remove "BingAerialTileSource.java" and modify "Demo.java" both using
quilt patches

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter