Re: code reuse in debian/package.config

OK, seems i've found some kind of solution:
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-binary.html#s-maintscriptpropmpt
The config script might be run before the preinst script and before the package is unpacked or any of its dependencies or pre-dependencies are satisfied. ___Therefore it must work using only the tools present inessential packages___

So the only way it to mark libxyz-common-tools as Essential?
But i think it is a little bit overkill because for me libxyz-common-tools isn't really essential by mean of system-wide. May be there's another solution?

"Yuri Oleynikov (יורי אולייניקוב" <yurkao@gmail.com> writes:

> But, when installing packageA without libxyz-common-tools is
> preinstalled - packageA.config script won' run?

> Is there any way to solve the problem?

The config script runs during a preinstall stage, before the package
dependencies are installed.  I think that you can work around this by
having your internal packages use Pre-Depends for the package that
provides your script library (instead of Depends).

--
Russ Allbery (rra@debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>