Re: overriding lintian tags

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM, T o n g wrote:

> I have the following lintian tags that I want to override:
>
> ~~~
> W: zh-autoconvert: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/autob5
> W: zh-autoconvert: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/autogb
> ~~~

These don't look appropriate to override in this case. They are valid
warnings about an issue with the zh-autoconvert package that haven't
been fixed yet. The correct solution here is to either write manual
pages or ignore the lintian warnings.

> What's the proper way to override lintian tags?

Check how it is done in other packages:

grep binary-without-manpage /usr/share/lintian/overrides/*
https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=binary-without-manpage+-package:lintian

--
bye,
pabs