Re: Big data is needed for unit test

Hi and thank you for your answer

>> I'm working on the packaging of fw4spl (a medical software), and I'm faced
>> with a new problematic : One of the unit tests needs to load an important
>> data file, which has a big size (~200 Mo).

> I assume you mean 200MB here.

Yes, I do.

>> Should I simply remove this test, or can I include the data file in the
>> package ?

> Can you include more details about this data file?
> What data format is the file in?

It is a .jsonz file.

> What license is the file under?

It hasn't any license.

> Does upstream ship the file in the same source package?

Actually the file isn't into the source package. I've the choice, and it's why
I would use the best practice.

> If you can get upstream to include a smaller test-case or generate one
> at runtime, that would probably be a good idea.

I don't understand. I've just one single data file for the test. How can I include
a "smaller" test-case ?

> If upstream ships the file separately to the source, please use the
> multi-orig.tar.gz support in 3.0 source packages so that updates to
> the source but not the test data don't add 200MB to snapshot.d.o for
> every new upstream release. If upstream doesn't ship the file
> separately it might be useful to do so for this reason.

It seems to be the better solution in my case...

Thank you for your advice !

Best regards,

Corentin Desfarges