Re: Big data is needed for unit test

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 10:01 PM, Corentin Desfarges wrote:

> I'm working on the packaging of fw4spl (a medical software), and I'm faced
> with a new problematic : One of the unit tests needs to load an important
> data file, which has a big size (~200 Mo).

I assume you mean 200MB here.

> Should I simply remove this test, or can I include the data file in the
> package ?

Can you include more details about this data file?

What data format is the file in?

What license is the file under?

Does upstream ship the file in the same source package?

If you can get upstream to include a smaller test-case or generate one
at runtime, that would probably be a good idea.

If upstream ships the file separately to the source, please use the
multi-orig.tar.gz support in 3.0 source packages so that updates to
the source but not the test data don't add 200MB to snapshot.d.o for
every new upstream release. If upstream doesn't ship the file
separately it might be useful to do so for this reason.

That said, we have larger source packages in Debian so it should be fine.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise