Re: Self-maintained Debian packages best practice

On Sunday 30 November 2014 20:32:26 T o n g wrote:

> >> Fine in which way ?
> >
> > It's fine because, for a 3.0 quilt package, "dpkg-source -x" unpacks the
> > .orig.tar.gz, removes all the debian/* files coming from upstream
> > tarball, if any, and then unpacks the *.debian.tar.xz file.
>
> Ok, good to know, but that's more targeting towards package building, not
> source code developing and maintaining. Does it imply that I should put
> the `debian` folder within my source tree now? Because as mentioned
> before, the last thing I want to do is to separate my source and my
> `debian` folder into two git repos.

Why not create an empty branch 'debian' and move your debian related stuff
there. Whenever you e.g. make a release, just merge your release branch into
the debian one, create packages. Amend your .gitignore so that everything
works smoothly.

That is what my sponsor suggested (for https://github.com/rockdaboot/libpsl/).

Tim