Re: Self-maintained Debian packages best practice

T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> writes:

> Ok, good to know, but that's more targeting towards package building,
> not source code developing and maintaining. Does it imply that I should
> put the `debian` folder within my source tree now? Because as mentioned
> before, the last thing I want to do is to separate my source and my
> `debian` folder into two git repos.

http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/debian/git.html#combine may (or may not)
be helpful.  This is a little out of date with current tools,
unforunately.  The major change is use of --upstream-vcs-tag in
git-import-orig.

Some people do find this approach too complicated.  I guess I'm just used
to it, but it works for me.