Re: Facilitating contributions by newcomers

On 2014-11-11 23:23, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 11/11/14 at 14:13 -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
>>
>>> [0] https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/GiftTag
>>
>> Does anyone have any thoughts about elevating the gift tag to a
>> fully-fledged BTS tag?
>
> I am totally in favor of turning it into a real tag.
>
> There has been discussions about renaming the tag [...] entry-point

I, too, like this idea very much.

Going even further, what would you see as possible solutions for
augmenting bug reports tagged 'entry-point' with the information I
mention in first post, ie:

On 2014-11-09 20:20, Christian Kastner wrote:
>   * A specific objective (bug fix, enhancement, debugging, cleanup,
>     documentation, translation, ...). This should probably be tied to a
>     Debian bug number.
>
>   * A description of the required skills (packaging, debugging, C, ...)
>
>   * A difficulty rating (1:low to 5:very high)
>
>   * An estimation for the amount of work to be done (hours, days)
>
>   * An urgency (influenced by severity, popcon, ...)
>
>   * A list of one or more mentors will to help.

Personally, I think that the "required skills" and the "difficulty
rating" would be very valuable additions.

It may be possible to infer the other attributes from the other metadata
eg: urgency ~ severity.