Re: proper way to override dh_gencontrol

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 9:58 PM, Robert Steckroth wrote:

> Oh ya, I read through that. The other problem is the `dh_make` custom
> template mechanism which only functions superficially.
> It doesn't override the `/usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/` ones very well
> unless all of them are copied and changed.
> It should override templates in a merging way with the default ones.

I'd suggest talking to the maintainer about that.

> P.S. what is proving difficult is this ->
> https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-sharedlibs.html
> It would be nice to see a quick video to initially put my head around the
> concept.

The Debian side of most of this was invented well before DebConf
started getting recorded in 2005 so it is unlikely there is a video
about it. I would suggest reading the deb-shlibs(5), deb-symbols(5),
dpkg-shlibdeps(1) and dpkg-gensymbols(1) manual pages if you need more
info on the Debian side of this. While it contains some incorrect
advice, libpkg-gude is a fairly good overview.

http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html

--
bye,
pabs