Re: gbp-create-remote-repo fails when using github

Le 22/09/2014 21:04, Felix Natter a écrit :
> Shawn Sörbom <shawn@sorbom.com> writes:
>
>> Thats why I wanted to use gbp, I was afraid of missing details.
>
> It's really not that bad:
>
> 1. make sure your repo knows about its github "origin"
> 2. push each branch (if you used push -u once, then for subsequent
>    pushes you can mit the "origin master")
> 3. push all tags
>
> (if you are paranoid, you can check the git push'es beforehand with
> --dry-run)
>
> There is not more to it, now you have a complete remote copy.

Trying to do the exact same thing for acpi-call, I created an empty repo
on GitHub, configure it as origin for the master branch, and then used:

git push --mirror

It seemed to push all branches, tags and origins (for example, the
upstream branch is configured to follow another GitHub repo).

Is there any downside to this that I would have missed ? I'm quite new
to git so I'm curious.

Regards,

--
Raphaël HALIMI