Re: Package embedding javascript library which is not available in Debian

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Andreas Moog wrote:

> There is (as far as I can see) only one other package in Debian that uses
> elycharts, ocsinventory-server [2], and they use an older snapshot of the
> library, so I do not know if providing a separate package would be useful.

According to some external code search engines/sites, there are a many
more projects using elycharts, so I think providing a separate package
would be useful to anyone thinking of packaging those. Also developers
might notice the package and start writing software to use elycharts.

https://code.ohloh.net/search?s=elycharts&p=0
https://searchcode.com/?q=elycharts
https://github.com/search?l=&q=elycharts&ref=advsearch&type=Code&utf8=%E2%9C%93

Please do verify if ocsinventory-server can use more recent versions
of elycharts and contact upstream about removing/updating their copy.

> Would I need to inform the security team about the code copy as well?

Yes please. More info about embedded code copies stuff here:

https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCodeCopies

--
bye,
pabs